When you spot pests in your home, whether rodents, ants or wasps, you can’t waste time searching for a company that can handle the problem for you. But you also don’t want to rush the decision, because it’s important to find a reputable exterminator who will keep your best interests in mind. Check out these tips on how to choose the best pest control company in Boise ID.
Do Your Research
Immediate action is the name of the game as soon as you discover a pest infestation in your home. Most problems can wait a few days while you conduct some research on pest control providers in your area. Choosing which company to do business with will take a bit of digging on your part, but the end result will be well worth it. Gather information on a few companies, call to ask questions, read online reviews, and gather a few quotes. Then compare all of them to see which one would be best for your budget and needs.
Getting answers to your questions will give you a lot of insight into the type of company you need. Call potential pest control providers in Boise before you settle on one to hire.
Q: How many years have you been at that location?
A: Look for a company with several years of experience getting rid of pests in the Boise ID area. Local providers tend to have a deeper knowledge of the critters that plague the region and know exactly which treatments to effectively rid you of the infestation because they have seen it all before. Read reviews, check the BBB, and ask friends and family which companies they have used in the past.
Q: Can you give me references?
A: Most pest control providers will offer a list of past customers if you ask. Those past customers can give you some insight into the company’s level of service, prices, success rates, and whether or not they would hire them again. If the business owner refuses to give you references, you may want to move onto the next company.
Q: Are your technicians licensed and certified?
A: Ask about the qualifications of the technicians working for the pest control company. Make sure they’re licensed and see if they have extensive certifications. Make sure they’re trained in the latest techniques, applications and products as well.
Just like with any other type of company, some pest control companies can take advantage of people. Don’t be a victim. Instead, read up on these important things to keep in mind.
Don’t do business with companies that:
- Offer pest control in Boise as part of a package deal, such as general home repair, tree trimming, or landscaping.
- Offer a rock bottom price if the service is done on the spot or all in cash.
- Ask for all cash up front.
- Do not have a working or listed telephone number.
- Don’t show IDs.
- Sell services door-to-door (scams against the elderly and infirm are unfortunately very common).
- Arrive at your door unexpectedly saying there’s a pervasive pest problem in the neighborhood. They may even go so far as to show you insects as evidence they collected.
- Pressure you into signing a binding contract on the spot (they may say your home is structurally unsound and may collapse without prompt and proper treatment.
- Say they have a proven, secret formula for getting rid of pests. All pesticide products must be registered by the EPA and the State Departments of Agriculture. Additionally, all registered pesticide labels must show an active ingredients list.
Once you have done your homework on the pest control company in Boise, meet with them and ensure a good rapport with the technicians. Above all, you need to feel comfortable interacting with them on your property.
Pest Control in Boise, ID
If you are in need of a pest control company in Boise you can trust, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 208-600-8734 or contact us online today. We can give you a free quote to get you started.